Data Analyst – Math, Econ, CS Grads
Data & Research
Are you curious about how data works, and have a passion for programming, economics or math? Are you intrigued by the Internet and its power to influence business decisions? Do you enjoy creating, innovating and building? Compete is recruiting outstanding individuals to join its expanding Analyst teams.
Compete is an entrepreneurial, fun, and rapidly growing company that provides business intelligence to Fortune 500 companies on how consumers use the Internet. Our Programmer Analyst position is exciting for individuals who want to combine their programming and technical skills with an analytical mindset. You will work with our massive database of Internet clickstream behavior and ongoing survey data. If you want to do something innovative and technical right out of school that will help you build your professional career, come meet with us.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Extract and analyze online consumer behavioral data from Compete's proprietary database
- Create new data methods in response to client needs and help to refine existing methods
- Work closely with other team members to define innovative products and services tailored to the needs of our clients
- Help convert data into business intelligence
- Manage multiple projects and meet aggressive deadlines
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Econ, Math or equivalent
- Proven skills with at least ONE programming or database language (Java, C, C++, SQL, PL/SQL, Python, Perl, UNIX, Bash, Shell)
- Experience with large datasets and data queries
- Interest in quantitative research, analytical techniques and data
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Self motivated, innovative with a strong entrepreneurial drive and spirit
Compete, a Kantar Media company, helps the world's top brands improve their marketing based on the online behavior of millions of consumers. Leading advertisers, agencies and publishers rely on Compete's products and services to create engaging online experiences and highly profitable advertising campaigns. Compete's online panel—the largest in the industry—makes the web as ingrained in marketing as it is in people's lives. Compete is located in Boston, MA, with offices throughout the U.S.