Digital Sales Director - Technology & Telecom
Be a change agent in today's digital landscape.
Compete is on the hunt for a Digital Sales Director for our Technology & Telecom practice. Compete is revolutionizing the way companies use the Internet as marketing, distribution, customer relationship and consumer research channels. Our Sales Director will be responsible for selling our online competitive intelligence data and educating new clients about the importance our data holds within the market and most importantly, for them.
The Sales Director role will focus on selling Compete’s products and services to new and existing clients in telecom, wireless, mobile and technology industries. The Sales Director will be responsible for developing the messaging, approach, and execution of all customer acquisition strategies. This role requires solid hunting and farming skills. You will heavily use both.
- Develop a solid plan to target immediate revenue opportunities from both the existing client base as well as new prospect opportunities
- Manage all outbound correspondence, messaging, and collateral regarding Compete’s new products and services
- Project management – assist in the configuration of new products and services based on client needs, market appetite and industry experience
- Creatively combine observed consumer behavior data with survey capabilities to develop
tailored approach to individual prospect objectives
- Perform analysis of consumer marketing issues and business practices using large datasets of online behavior and survey responses to create compelling ROI for prospects
- At least 5+ years of sales experience in the online media, digital media, consumer marketing or market research industries
- An aggressive results-oriented sales person with a successful track record
- Strong contact networks within the technology, telecom, mobile or wireless industry, their agencies included
- Experience selling custom project work is a huge plus
- Experience making consulting-oriented presentations to executive-level audiences
- Strong analytical writing skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated track record of developing and managing long-term client relationships