Platform UI Developer
Are you a: Developer? Product Manager? Architect? Wait, what are we thinking? Let us explain…
Our newest project – already under way - is an exciting, challenging initiative to build out a facility for generating insight on web behavior across multiple industry verticals. Underpinning this initiative is the development and integration of an exciting technology platform. In this position, you will be a member of a pioneering team creating products central to Compete’s future. Successful candidates will be able to bring both their experience and creativity into this fast-paced mix – and think on their feet.
Your official title, Platform UI Developer, only gets at a piece of your responsibilities. You will work with members of the Solutions Architecture team to build out advanced interfaces for managing complex representations of web behavior as well as other interfaces for managing requisitions of analytic studies. This person plays a critical role, and will be responsible for working to help design, and build out, Django/jQuery-based front-ends used by our clients, as well as internal teams at Compete.
- Build many features of Compete’s proprietary data access/processing platform.
- Develop really cool UI’s for a bunch of new products
- Work with clients (both internal and external) to gather requirements and feedback on UI/UX
- Work with a fantastic team to strategize and execute development plans
- 1+ year of experience building scalable, robust, highly available, high performing web applications using Python or equivalent object-oriented skills
- Experience working with an MVC framework
- Experience with some flavor of relational database (SQL/ORM) is a must
- Must be proficient working in Unix/Linux development environment
- Passion for building elegant, highly responsive user experience, detail oriented and great pride in every feature and pixel you develop
- Extensive appreciation of the aesthetics of code, documentation, and the user interface