Sr Quality Assurance Engineer
Drive quality. Advocate for change. Solve cool technology problems.
Compete is recruiting an outstanding Senior QA Engineer to lead our engineering team to new heights. We are looking for a passionate QA Engineer who will help us continue to reach our technology goals, work hand-in-hand with our stellar engineering team, and be an advocate for quality and change. This is a fantastic opportunity to walk into a pivotal role with a talented team who will support your goals and make you successful at Compete as our Senior Quality Assurance Engineer.
- Rapidly develop a white-box understanding of the major components of the product/system.
- Spearhead projects to “think round” obstacles and challenges in the path of our testing.
- Point to potential testing challenges for a story and working with developers to handle them.
- Identify risks to the project (e.g. we are experiencing crashes in the verification system, what tests can we add to improve this) both reactively (look at the past and learn) and proactively (reduce risk ahead of issues that may occur).
- Work with automation team to identify, design and help build automated tests.
- Be self-sufficient working in the UNIX environment, including the filesystem, SSH.
- Work with external groups to identify well-known risks associated with data projects and advocate for work within the team to address these risks.
- Research and implement tools which would improve the existing QA process.
- Work with other QA members to offer ideas/advice on how create better test coverage on your project and reciprocate for their project
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a software quality assurance role.
- Must be a self-starter who works well independently on assigned tasks and products.
- Experience with automation engineering and automation tools
- 1+ year of object-oriented development experience (any OO language acceptable)
- Experience in a LAMP environment, preferably experience with Python (not a must) and SQL.
- Experience with open source automation tools such as Selenium or Watir.
- Experience working with an offshore development team.
- Experience in a startup or quickly growing mid-sized organization and/or Agile/Scrum
- Experience with release engineering
- Quality assurance experience with “big data”